The Treasury bill rates 2016 weekly and past year comparisons are as follows; this shall help the customers to decide on T- bills financing, future borrowing instruments and the stability in T Bills Financing .
2016 Weekly, Monthly & Last Year Rates -
• The one year constant maturity for this week was around 0.52 and for a month was 0.65 and for the last year was 0.21.
• The 91 days Treasury bill auction disc rate for this week was 0.315, for the month was 0.215 and for the last year was 0.020.
• The 182 day Treasury bill auction average disc rate is 0.420, for this week and month is 0.470 and for the last year was 0.085.
• The 2 year treasury constant maturity rate for this week is 0.74, for the month is 0.99 and for the last year was 0.54 treasury bills financing.
• The 5 year constant maturity rate for this week is 1.29 and for month is 1.66 and for the last year was 1.31.
• The 10 year CM for this week is 1.89 and for the month is 2.19 and for the last year was 1.81.
• 1 year CMT monthly rates are, 0.54, 0.65 & 0.20 respectively.
• 1 year MTA rates are 0.350, 0.322 & 0.128 respectively.
Treasury Securities Operational Methods -
• The instruments are priced as per the risk free treasury rates due to the investors risking the investment and expect a higher return and yield on their bonds in money market Treasury bills financing.
• The returns on treasuries in T Bills Financing are similar with the other money market and COD’s in which the customers expect the most yield.
• Mortgage rates are adjusted, which are priced at the one year treasury.
• Since the mortgages are backed by the bonds and fixed mortgage rates are connected with long term treasury yield, the yield on short term can have variations.
• With the maturity of fewer rates, the treasury on short-term obligation is sponsored by the Government of T Bills Financing and the treasury bills are sold with the rate of up to $1000 or more with maximum purchase.